Thursday, October 05, 2006

GarageBand3 for Podcasting Class!

I was able to convince friend and colleague Julene Reed--Director of Academic Technology at St. George's Independent Schools in Collierville, Tennessee, Apple Distinguished Educator, and Apple Podcasting teacher for educators worldwide--to come into our Tibbott Center Apple Lab for a class to introduce Matt Haber's Radio and Podcasting class to the wonders of GarageBand3, the newest version of Apple's marvelous multimedia platform that actually has a tab on its welcome screen that says "New Podcast!"

For those of you who might not know what a podcast is, feel free to check out my own version of the story at my Vanderbilt Center for Science Outreach podcasting page.

I put together a brief series of movie clips to celebrate and archive the experience. I want to thank Julene for this completely donated tutorial. She's taking off for a conference in London tomorrow and I hope she gets a peek at my little film (created with still-photo Canon camera in video mode and patched together with Windows Movie Maker. The next time I do one of these it might just be with iLife/GarageBand3!

Here's the "movie":


Launch in external player

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home